Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In the beginning ...

     Hello, and welcome to The Fist of Causality!  This is my first blog, so please bear with me as I get used to the process.  By training, I am an experimental psychologist.  In practice, I am a biostatistician.  That is, I make my living largely by teaching research methods and statistics to college students ... and as a statistical/methodological "gun for hire."

     This blog is born out of my increasing frustration at the inability of people to properly interpret the data they are presented.  To be clear, I am not frustrated by different people looking at the same data and infering different theoretical implications.  Rather, this blog is fueled by people who ought to know better doing things they oughtn't do, with the scientific method and with statistics.

     I don't know how often I will post.  But when I do, rest assured that it will be as a result of the continuing abuse of cumulative human knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment